Done-in-a-Day projects offer frequent, flexible, hands-on, volunteer opportunities that can be completed in one day. JLFW members seek opportunities to partner with community organizations to find projects that will make lasting change with immediate, tangible results.
JLFW members also complete “Done-in-a Meeting” projects where members collect donations at meetings that assist partner organizations obtain specific items they need.
Over the past year the Junior League of Fort Wayne has completed the following Done-in-a-Day and Done-in-a-Meeting projects:
- Collected school items for Salvation Army’s Tools for Schools
- Collected granola bars to support Girls on the Run
- Cleaned and assisted with home-improvement projects at the Charis House
- Offered a career and networking night for the women of Hope House, the Women’s Bureau, and the YWCA.
- Restocked shelves, sort & bagged food, and distributed food at the Community Harvest Food Bank
- Organized a book drive to benefit the Levan Scott Academy – over 400 books donated
- Sorted and organized clothing at Wellspring Interfaith Services
Now that JLFW’s new focus of Readiness for Elementary School has been determined, JLFW is currently working to find DIAD opportunities that support this issue.